samedi 30 mars 2019

Undisclosed Chimney Leak

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Ohio

We had the usual $450 inspection prior to closing on the home. At that time, the inspector mentioned we had a fairly new chimney cap with all new cement around the tile flue. Great! No leaks for years to come. Wrong! I have lived here now for 6 months, and since week 2 have been receiving large amounts of wet weather. Each storm brings waterfalls down the chimney. Now at first, I noticed a couple drops here and there and played it off as saturated mortar and bricks. But a month ago, I removed the ugly gold fireplace cover and have since recognized the full waterfall with each storm. I feel the inspector here did his job. I feel the sellers failed to disclose this amongst many other issues. Before i begin contracting repairs, do we think I have a case to seek compensation from the sellers? The only things disclosed were the front door weather stripping leaking but was already repaired, and radon that was already mitigated. They failed to disclose several plumbing issues, double hung windows with broken sash pivots, enclosed loft repairs, some major leak into the garage, rotting deck repairs, etc. A lot of these I can and am willing to fix understanding home ownership, but the chimney will be a hefty dollar.


Undisclosed Chimney Leak

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire