mercredi 27 mars 2019

Copyright Protection Even if Application is Denied?

Hi,
I have a Design Patent that was granted in 2007, and has 2 years left to run.

I also applied for a Copyright back in 2004, which was rejected by the Copyright office... but I have their letter, and a copy of my application, including the artwork I submitted.

The artwork is exactly the same for the Design Patent and the Copyright application.

So, if necessary, I could prove in a court that I submitted that design in 2004.

Does that effectively give me legal protection of my design?

And does it mean that, although my Design Patent expires in 2 years, I still have protection?

The design has been used in commerce (which I can prove).

Many thanks for any input.


Copyright Protection Even if Application is Denied?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire