samedi 30 mars 2019

Mortgages: Right to Assume

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Oregon

My wife and I just refinanced our home. The loan was placed in her name because she had the better credit and if my name was on the loan it would have raised our interest rate a half a percentage point. So said our loan broker.

At the time I asked what would happen if she were to pass before me. Would the loan become due? The broker said that because were were joint tenants and our names are both on the deed, if she passed before me, I could remain in the home and continue making payments. I asked him this on two occasions and both times he assured me I would be fine.

Is he correct? Or should I buy more life insurance on her?


Mortgages: Right to Assume

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire