jeudi 21 mars 2019

Debt Collectors: Debtor Cannot Sell Due to Cease and Desist when Will They Sue

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Florida
PayPal credit charged off my account in Sept of 2017. They told me they could not accept my $1000 payment because they charged the account off the day before and it was going to be sold. After 9 months of not hearing anything I called them. The in house collections department proceeded to tell me that I had sent a "cease and desist" to them therefore they were never able to sell the account. she said, " we are not going to pursue this, the debt is old." she said unless I removed the cease and desist they wouldn't do anything with it. she said I could remove it and allow it to be sold or I could make payments by debit transactions, but they wouldn't be able to send receipt of payment because of the CD. Or I could do nothing!
The Balance is 4k, its been two years since I made a payment, they were calling about 10 times a day so I sent a letter asking them to stop, apparently that triggered the CD. There's been nothing reported to my credit report. So here's where I'm at do I remove the CD and let it go to collections, Do I pay half to PayPal by debit with no receipt of my payment, or do I wait until they decide to sue and then pay the amount? How long do they typically wait to file a suit? and why would their in house collections say they aren't going to pursue it?


Debt Collectors: Debtor Cannot Sell Due to Cease and Desist when Will They Sue

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire