mercredi 20 mars 2019

Sold Wrong Size Tires

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California
I replaced my front two tires in November because they were worn, while the rear tires were fine. I went to a local tire specific store for the tires. After the tires were installed, I did not realize that the two new tires were larger (aspect ratio) than the rear tires, because I assumed a tire company would double or triple check that they were installing the correct new tires. In March I had my car serviced by a different company and they told me they could not rotate the tires because the front and rear tires were different sizes. A couple of years ago I had purchased all four tires (current rear tires) at Costco, and I still have the receipt. When I returned to the tire company, the manager told me he could only offer me a discount on replacement tires, because they sell tires based on what is already on the car, so I must have had the wrong tires on my car when I bought the new ones. I know for a fact that my older tires were a match to the rear tires, not only because I have the receipt, but because I’ve had those tires rotated, and if they were mismatched I’m sure it would have been pointed out. Also, as a professional tire retailer, shouldn’t they check the tire placard inside the door jam, as well as their database for that specific make and model of car, before selling the consumer a new tire? So the argument that he only sold me tires based on what was already there is total BS! I’ve done some further research and have learned that having the wrong or mismatched tires on a car not only affects the speedometer, but can ultimately cause damage to the transmission. I feel, as a professional tire company, that they should make this right and replace the incorrect tires with correct ones, at no additional cost. What are my legal rights in this situation?


Sold Wrong Size Tires

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire