mercredi 27 mars 2019

Can I Sue My Employer for Failing to Reimburse Me

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: CA

Basically, I drive my car to client sites for work and get reimbursed for that. Last year my boss told me that I am not entitled to "commute" reimbursement. Which she described as the distance I would drive if I were to be working out of our corporate office.

For example, I live 25 miles away from our corporate office, if a client is 60 miles from my home I am only to receive reimbursement on the difference which is 35 miles.

However, I recently read the corporate policy regarding business expenses and it says I am entitled to reimbursement on the full mileage.

So I've been getting scammed out of hundreds if not thousands of dollars. What should be my next step. I haven't told anybody about what I discovered, and I'm not sure if I should tell my boss or HR or just find a lawyer.

For the record, my boss isn't exactly all that trustworthy and tends to get rather emotional and defensive when I talk to them about my money, so I'm not sure if I should even mention this.


Can I Sue My Employer for Failing to Reimburse Me

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire