lundi 25 mars 2019

Eviction Process: How to Access Lanlord-Tenant Court Records Montgomery County Md

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Maryland

I am a long distance landlord of a small property in Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, MD. I hired a property management company to manage the property in my absence. At one point, 2+ month ago a tenant did not pay his rent.There was some delay on my part with instructing the management company to file for non-payment, but it was filed Jan 2X. The court date was set to Feb2X, and according to the property management company the hearing went well.

However, when I accessed MD Court Records (using Maryland Judiciary case search), I was not able to find any judgement. When I requested the management company for the case#, they said the lawyer did not provide it to them. Now, they are claiming it will take another month to evict the tenant. I am suspicious.
The court site says it takes 5 days from the date of filing to the court date, if successful 1 week to wait for a possible appeal, 1 week to obtain a restitution warrant and then some unspecified time to wait for the sheriff to evict.

My understanding is that they should have filed to Rockville District court. Questions:
1. Is the timeline: 4 weeks from filing to the court date and another 2 month after that to evict normal?
2. Are the landlord-tenant records a part of records available online through Maryland Judiciary case search?
3. If not, how do I access them?


Eviction Process: How to Access Lanlord-Tenant Court Records Montgomery County Md

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire