dimanche 17 mars 2019

Expanded Ro

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: California

I've posted before and the saga continues.

Got an RO in July 2017 against an acquaintance who was infatuated with me. He started getting very clingy and stalkerish. Always turning up at a public place I frequent - pretending it was a coincidence. Repeatedly told him I was uncomfortable. Found out he was married with two kids. He comes across as very socially awkward. After I told him in no uncertain terms to back off and cut off contact he would just be there on the street near my house (nowhere near his house or work) at the time he knew I was going to and from work. I'd see him in his car on my way out of work and around my car every time I was at the place mentioned above. It was FAR too coincidental. Then I found a tracker on my car. I also suspect he was in my house. Can't prove it was him but he is the only one who kept showing up. Have tons of emails of email where he admits his behavior was pestering and sneaky. In the end, he stipulated to the order.

He kept following me at a lake where I run. I documented it in a spreadsheet (time I arrived, time and location I saw him) and each time I was there he engineered to pass me 3 - 4 times. He was finally arrested for felony stalking and contempt of court. He spent 13 hours in jail then bailed out. In the end the DA declined to prosecute because he was in a public place.

Three months later I get a call from the detective. When the stalker was arrested they took DNA. Unbelievably, they tested the tracker and there was a match. Unfortunately they couldn't prosecute because it had been more than a year.

He continued to skirt on the edges of the RO. He was always around but not doing anything the police could violate him for. Once I saw him pull into the parking lot at my gym and sit and wait. He was gone before the police got there. The other day I was on the phone walking around the gym parking lot before going in. I wandered into an adjacent lot and there he was parked at the best vantage point to see who was going in and out. Called the police but he was gone before they arrived. The police told me to start using 911 and not the non-emergency line. They told me to go immediately to get the RO expanded.

The form for the RO asks what stay away orders are being requested. Currently it is 100 yards from House, Car, Work. I added 200 yards from my gym (so he he can't continue to spy from adjacent properties) and from being on foot on the 1.3 miles from my house to the freeway (he looks for my car and he is all into me seeing him).

I also requested he enrolling in a stalking aversion program - this is usually part of probation for stalkers.

Is there anything else I can / should put in there? The big issue is that he is doing the stalking in public places.


Expanded Ro

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire