samedi 23 mars 2019

Life Insurance: Is an Insurance Comp Required to Contact a Beneficiary Upon Death of Policy Holder

My question involves insurance law for the state of: California. A friend advised me several years ago that upon his death, I would be the beneficiary of a small life insurance policy he purchased. He asked for my Social Security number, birth-date and correct spelling of my last name for the policy. However, he never provided me any other information about the policy. He is in a hospital, near death and I am reluctant to ask him about the policy. Is the company required/legally obligated to contact the beneficiary assuming the contact information, provided at the time the policy was purchased, is still the same or must a beneficiary file a claim with a life insurance company to obtain the insurance benefit.


Life Insurance: Is an Insurance Comp Required to Contact a Beneficiary Upon Death of Policy Holder

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire