mercredi 27 mars 2019

Sales Agreements: Small Dealer Not Living Up to Sales Contract

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

About 2 weeks ago, I purchased a used car from a small dealer. At the time of the sale, the dealer knew there were a few things wrong with the car and stated that if I purchased it, he would write into the contract that he was responsible for fixing those things. The items we wrote into the contract were: A/C not working, 1 year warranty on the newly installed engine, thumping coming from the rear of the car (bad shocks), a squealing in the engine when revved and the alignment done. There was also a check engine light throwing a P0420 code which was most likely a catalytic converter. I bought the car on a Sunday and I was going out of town for a few days, so I agreed to bring it back to him the following Thursday so he could make the repairs. When I brought it on Thursday, he reset the check engine light and said if it came on again he would replace the catalytic converter. He then said he needed to get some parts and could I bring it back Friday, so I did. Friday came and he got the alignment done and charged the A/C system with Freon, but he needed parts for the shocks. The check engine light was also back on, so I asked that he change out the catalytic converter. He reset the check engine light again, then he asked if I would bring it back Monday and leave it with him. I did this and when I called to see how it was going, he said he would need it another day. That turned into 2 days and I got a text from him today saying it was done and I could pick it up. When I got there he wasn't there, but had left the keys with his associate. I had taken an Uber to his shop, which is about 40 minutes away, so I needed it to get home. As I was driving home, the theump was back, the engine squeal was still there, the A/C was not working at all and about 2 miles from home, the check engine light came back one. I have made three 50 mile round trips to his shop and left the car with him for 3 days, and all I have to show for it is proper alignment.

My question is, what are my options now? How many chances do I need to give him to fix the car? What steps can I take to make sure the repairs are done correctly? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.


Sales Agreements: Small Dealer Not Living Up to Sales Contract

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire