vendredi 23 novembre 2018

Supervisors: Harassed Out of My Job

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: OR

Hello. I use to work as a lead at a call center. My landslide started late last year when this other co-worker who has major social issues and really had something against me. He told me once he could, "Teach me how to manipulate women". I felt that was an inappropriate thing to say especially in front of two young ladies. I told a supervisor of this and the manager got word of it. She came in early (I worked graveyard and never saw her) and harassed me really hard about it. A literal verbal beat-down about "mind control". I kept trying to say, "The word he used was manipulate" but she refused to let me answer. She just kept screaming louder, louder and louder. It was very stressful. She quickly fired me for reporting him before I could report her harassment. I probably wouldn't have because she left me alone for a few days.

I had already took an immediate mental break from him around Thanksgiving of last year. He had a very obnoxious attitude on the call center floor directed at me just because a co-worker was enjoying talking to me about something and he didn't get all of her attention. I reported it and the manager accused me of wrongfully judging him. I demonstrated how loud and obnoxious he was but she was only obsessed with what he said. No one cared what he said. She walked all over me refusing to let me talk. I said maybe five words which she countered with, "Yeah buuut blah blah blah" changing the subject and putting words in my mouth.

It was less than a week after her harassing me I was then called at home letting me know I was fired for saying, "He could brainwash women". I said no such thing because the word he used was "manipulate". I just took it because I wasn't myself between his attitude and her harassment. I was just living day by day trying to forget the whole thing. He knows how to drive people up the wall and she knows how to rattle people's nerves. HR was on the line and they allowed this.

I don't think this is fair because I have know idea what was going on. I called HR a little while later to see if I could get an explanation as to why this was grounds for termination and all they said is don't contact them because I am no longer an employee. So my question is, do I have the legal right to right a formal letter of complaint to corporate about this even though I am a former employee?


Supervisors: Harassed Out of My Job

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire