samedi 24 novembre 2018

Psychological Evaluations

I left an abusive marriage to an alcoholic. I obtained a protective order for our child and I.

During the course of our divorce, my husband has attempted to have the protection order vacated. The judge denied it.

During an attempted mediation, we agreed on the parenting plan except that he again requested that I ask to vacate the protective order which I again refused. So now he wants to go to trial.

I am requesting that the judge order him to undergo drug and alcohol treatment which was recommended by an evaluator after failing a UA.

He is requesting that I be ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation. I feel his reasons are baseless. He has continually questioned my mental health whenever I have sought protection and accountability for his drinking.

I do not want him having access to my mental health records. I am very protective of what I share with him because anything and everything is used against me. His access to this would be more ammo to harass me.

I have shown zero inability to care for my children or for myself. I hold down a job, have my own place, have been the primary caregiver of our children, etc. I go to counseling to deal with the trauma of the divorce which he and attorney are using to their advantage claiming I have mental health issues.

How likely is it that a judge would grant his request? I really would love to tell the judge that he is doing this to be vindictive because I refuse to ask for the protective order to be dropped.

It seems unfair. I know you cannot tell me the outcome, but I am unfamiliar with this process and I need more information. I just want this to come to a peaceful end for the child and so we can move on.


Psychological Evaluations

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire