vendredi 30 novembre 2018

Speeding Tickets: Out of Jurisdiction Police Vehicle

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I did not receive a ticket or get pulled over but I have a general question regarding an out of jurisdiction police vehicle speeding and flashing their lightbar.

I was driving home from work this afternoon when a city PD police vehicle for a city about 40 miles north and in another county was speeding in the #1 lane approx 80-90mph for at least 10 miles before I exited. It seemed like they were influencing cars to get out of that lane as well. Presumably because the cars slowed down thinking it was a police vehicle from that area. I was behind them for a while keeping a good distance. At one point they flashed their light bar for a few seconds. Not sure if directed at me or another vehicle in front of them. It didn't seem like they were on duty due to the location and the way they were driving. They had been on the freeway prior to my entry as well. This is an area that is exclusively LASD and CHP territory.

What are the general rules related to this? Were they just abusing the power of their vehicle? I don't want to take any action but it bothered me a bit that they would act this way. I captured it on my dash camera as well. Just grossly curious.


Speeding Tickets: Out of Jurisdiction Police Vehicle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire