vendredi 30 novembre 2018

Custody and Visitation Issues: Is It Normal for the Gal to Spend Significantly More Time with One Party

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: MO.

The GAL has met with my ex multiple times as well as ex's significant other and several of ex's family members.

The GAL has met with me once and has never contacted any of my friends or family members.

Is this normal? I mistakenly assumed the GAL would meet with both sides regularly and interview people from each side.

Some background:

The primary reason we had a GAL assigned is because ex physically abused the children multiple times, so the court said we had to get one after DFS said to withhold the kids from ex (DFS filed a paper in court about the abuse investigation against ex). DFS and police are currently investigating ex, and this is not the first time this has happened. Ex's custody was drastically reduced (by a judge) a couple months ago because of this, and all visits must be supervised.

Our custody trial is nearly a year away. The temporary papers say our GAL is allowed to suggest visitation changes (such as taking ex off supervised visits or adding/decreasing time), and then ex and I can request a hearing if we don't agree.

I'm nervous because I've been told that a GAL is super important in the courtroom and that a judge will do whatever a GAL wants. I'm not sure if I should make more of an effort to connect the GAL with my friends/family or request meetings.


Custody and Visitation Issues: Is It Normal for the Gal to Spend Significantly More Time with One Party

1 commentaire:

  1. Are you Looking to get a freelance visa Dubai, then you are in the right place. Spider Business Center experts will help you to get a freelance visa.

    RépondreSupprimer