jeudi 29 novembre 2018

Speeding Tickets: Red Light Running Accusation Turns to Speeding Accusation?

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington within Clark County. In the officer's report of the incident (linked below with the complete discovery) he starts off by saying that he saw me run a red light, but did not write me up for such. Instead he ticketed me and claimed to have paced me going 100mph. There was zero chance I was going this fast. He then lowered the ticketed speed to 80. I have contested the ticket and am scheduled to go to court on Wednesday December 5th. I think my main defenses are as follows.

  • The officer failed to cite what patrol car he was driving.
  • He fails to state that he calibrated his radar prior to the shift.
  • The officer failed to cite when the vehicle's speedometer was last calibrated.

Should I contact the Clark County Sherrif's office and pick up when the speedometer was last calibrated? I understand he states that he states to have been trained in pacing, that should be irrelevant if his basis for speed is invalid. Speeding up to highway speeds from the street say ~70mph max shouldn't trigger someone to write up a ticket for 100mph, he definitely juiced that number. He likely believed that I had ran a red light and that convinced him to pull me over, I can assure you, I had stopped for all red lights. Please let me know if any of this seems viable! Again, court is in less than 6 days.

All of the discovery is included below, any advice is greatly appreciated!
https://imgur.com/a/1N1CIq3


Speeding Tickets: Red Light Running Accusation Turns to Speeding Accusation?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire