mercredi 28 novembre 2018

Harassment: Retaliation Following Eeoc Charge

My question involves labor and employment law. I am at a loss as to what to do next. I filed an EEOC charge against my former employer, a state agency. After giving the EEOC about 18 months to do something and after a pre-determination phone call from the investigator assigned to my case, I went ahead and requested the Right-to-Sue Letter. The case was then marked "closed" on the EEOC's online charge system; and when I requested a complete copy of my file via the FOIA, they just send me all of my documentation back and the respondent's position statement, but I received nothing else as far as documentation from my former employer/respondent. Also, I never did sue the employer. I decided to just move on with my life.

I was one of several employees to file EEOC charges against this employer... and I'm fairly certain there was an EEOC case already in progress when I began working for them.

Fast forward to today, and I have not been able to keep a job since leaving that employer. Within a matter of weeks after being hired, the same kinds of retaliatory scenarios, sexual harassment, and age discrimination events begin to occur at my new place of employment. It is like I never left my former employer. The situations are similar enough to recognize, but they are out of context... so a little different at the same time. It is quite unsettling. I will be at the new job just a few weeks when co-workers will start doing things straight out of my EEOC written charge. While I can't prove that the case is still open, what else could it be?

SO... I finally left my home state and have relocated to a new state to start a new life. My career was over. My reputation ruined. I lost my house, my car, my job, my career. You name it. It was gone. SO I MOVED AWAY... FAR, FAR WAY. To Start a New Life.

Guess what? ... Within weeks of getting a new job here in my New State, the same things are happening... every scenario that I listed in complaint to the EEOC is starting to happen at my new work place. When I emailed my former investigator about the similarities... the very next day, it was BRUTAL at work... it was everything that happened at my former employer only worse. Suffice it to say that I will never email that investigator again. The very things that I questioned to my investigator happened even worse the very next day at my new job.

In total, I've been trapped in this situation for 5 years... because like I said, I really think there was an active EEOC case at my former employer when I was first hired into that system... and the discrimination and hostility was there from the beginning... and now that I know more about EEOC cases, I am pretty sure of it.

How to I get them to admit that my investigation is still open or that somehow I am caught-up in another EEOC case that they still have open for one of my former co-workers? (as a side note, they had me write a statement against another co-worker who I think opened an EEOC case ... though I was unaware of her case when I filed mine... they had provoked her to anger, then had me witness her exploding and then had me write a statement against her... which they used to fire her. She is black. I am white.... but this is AFTER I had complained to my employer about sexual harassment...<sigh>.) Everyone involved was manipulated and pitted against each other (and there are more employees with cases both open & closed) and somehow it is still going on and no one will clue me in as to what role I AM CURRENTLY PLAYING... because my case was supposedly "closed."

I have been SO MANIPULATED and it has literally ruined my life.

How can I get them to leave me out of any further investigations or at least tell me what role I am involved in and how much longer will this go on? And how do I identify who "they" are? EEOC says my case is closed. I had a law firm representing me in the very beginning, the EEOC said that I didn't need an attorney and insinuated that I might get better results if I gave them my evidence directly... since my attorney did not want to give EEOC my evidence... my attorney just wanted to arbitrate after I received a Right-to-Sue Letter... so I fired my attorney so that I could deal with the EEOC myself.

Now, I can't figure out who is still "investigating," how to get this nightmare to end, and what to do next. I can't prove its the EEOC doing this. Maybe it's not, but who else could it be? Maybe my former employer opened a case against me in return, and now I am the one being investigated... so my case is closed but theirs is open? I'm at a loss. My supervisor says there is no investigation that she is aware of... but a former co-worker of mine told me that she heard it was in fact the EEOC still investigating ME. So... I don't know what to do, but to have to re-live old events from my old job at my new place of employment is not fun at all and ruining my attempt to get my life back. They just keep doing the same things over and over again!! I've called a few attorneys and they all say I have a great case (lots of hard evidence), but they say my case will consume too much of their time... they have big caseloads already... and my former employer is state agency. Help, please. What can I do?

All of this said, it could be another agency investigating at this point... I want to know who/why/and when they plan to GET OUT OF MY LIFE.

Thanks for listening.


Harassment: Retaliation Following Eeoc Charge

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire