vendredi 16 novembre 2018

Land Rights: Utility Pole Guy Wire

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Michigan

I recently inhearited 7+ acres that has two access points to the home. A electrical guy wire runs across one of the driveways. It interferes with my trailer as I travel under it and I am afraid it will get torn out. The ups truck and the mail truck come close to hitting it also. I contacted the power company and inquired about adding a pole and re-locating the guy wires further back onto my property to make the traverse more safe. I did not expect to have the electrical company to absorb the whole cost but Mabey to split the cost with me to make it safer. They basically said for me to pay for for the relocation of the guy wire or risk breaking the guy wire and pay for it later. Is there anything that can be done where both me and the electrical company can absorb the cost equally to make this safe. I realize that I own the land and they have legal access but shouldn’t they have a responsibility to make their equipment safe? Also I realize the pole has been there for a long period of time, however things Change, and landscapes change.

Thank you for your help.
Mike Tyco


Land Rights: Utility Pole Guy Wire

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire