jeudi 11 juillet 2019

When is Workmans Comp, Job Abandonment

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: Wisconsin and Florida

I am a site manager for a location in Wisconsin, but our corporate office is in Florida. I had an employee injured with a sprain over a month ago and has been out since the injury. He told me that he had a follow up appoint for this week but then failed to call in to update me on how he was healing or his current work restrictions. I have tried calling a couple of times now to no answer and no reply.

Because of his work restrictions and that all of our positions are very physical he has been off work since the injury. As a result he has not had any scheduled days and will not receive any until he has a doctors release stating that he can perform some of the job functions. This means he has not “no call/no showed” for any shift.

At what point does his lack of communication become job abandonment?

Thank you


When is Workmans Comp, Job Abandonment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire