dimanche 7 juillet 2019

Extortion: Help, Need Advice on Protection from Blackmail

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

I had an affair. It was an on again, off again deal. It was just physical, no long love letters or that sort of thing. I did help her financially a few times when she needed it. Lasted a little over a year.

In early June, she asked me for $500 for her birthday. I said no, and stopped responding to her texts. Soon after, she sent an mail telling me how terrible I was and that I left her in a lurch and I would have to pay her at least $1000 for her pain and suffering. I replied stating that no promise had been made to pay her anything, that clearly our relationship had taken a turn for the worse and I wanted nothing more to do with her.

At the end of the month, June 24, I receive a post card at my home address from her city with no return address labeled xoxo and “let’s have a threesome.” My wife found this and was not happy as you might guess.

I assumed it was just a jealous one time act and did not respond to to communicate with the mistress. On July 5, I received a package at my home address. In it was a teddy bear. The return address was an adult products company, also in the mistresses city. There was no note in the package. However, on inspecting the bear, I knew it to be one I had given the mistress on Valentines Day. My wife freaked and will likely leave me, that’s on me.

I sent the mistress a note saying I had received the package and note, and that if she continued her attempts to blackmail or extort from me I would aggressively pursue all legal remedies.

I am sure this is not over. What else can I or should I do to protect my reputation and avoid the risk of overt blackmail?


Extortion: Help, Need Advice on Protection from Blackmail

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire