mercredi 17 juillet 2019

Traffic Lane Violations: Hov Violation Riding a Polaris Slingshot

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Virginia for riding my Slingshot in the HOV lane. I thought I was riding a motorcycle. The Federal Government classifies this vehicle as a motorcycle, however, Virginia recognizes the Slingshot as a "Autocycle". Under Virginia law motorcycles are allowed in the HOV lane but apparently not Autocycles. If the federal government recognizes it as a motorcycle can I successfully argue that the supremacy clause of Article 6 of the U.S. Constitution allows my right to be treated as if I was legally riding a motorcycle in the HOV lane? For two months I have been taking advantage of the HOV lanes, I thought legally passing and being passed by State Police some even giving me the thumbs up at the odd looking bike. Then this week I was stopped by a trooper that said all of his fellow troopers are wrong.

Side note I understand that it is the federal government that requires states to allow motorcycles in the HOV lanes because of an understanding that this it is safer for riders not be in stop and go traffic. And a slingshot is built only to meet the federal safety standards of that of the motorcycle class.


Traffic Lane Violations: Hov Violation Riding a Polaris Slingshot

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire