samedi 13 juillet 2019

Background Checks: Better Understanding of "Seven Year Rule"

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Any State with a "Seven Year Rule"

What I think I understand is as follows...

CA, WA, TX, NY, MD and "x" number of others have a, or some sort of, State law that makes it illegal to look beyond seven years at convictions. The convictions of misdemeanors is what concerns me.

This only applies to "consumer credit reporting agency" pulling a ""consumer credit report". A question I have is do HireRight and ADP, two companies that provide employers the service, fall under consumer credit reporting agency?

Would the BG check company only report on those convictions six years and 364 days from the current date? Or do they send everything and then the hiring company gauges the situation, weighs the pros and cons of hiring the individual and then decides to follow the law? I say this, knowing that an employer can find most any reason to hire, or not, a person.

Bottom line...when and where can I feel relatively sure that my non expungeable misdemeanor is no longer a major hindrance. Just a minor one.

Thank you.


Background Checks: Better Understanding of "Seven Year Rule"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire