mercredi 10 juillet 2019

Rent and Utilities: Legal Recourse for Stale, Unhonored Rent Checks

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: New Jersey

Over the course of a couple years, I was caring for a sick relative around the clock, and wasn't cashing the rent checks that were coming in. The tenant had been staying here for a few years prior and had proven himself to be a good person. He ended up moving out before I could cash the checks, but, before he left, he assured me that, when I was ready, I could tally up what he owed me, inform him and he'd make good on it.

I was finally able to get my paperwork in order, I reached out to him and he is not returning either my calls or my emails. It's been a couple weeks of calls and emails.

I know that I screwed up royally by letting him leave without dealing with the debt, but at the time, I was dealing with a life or death situation that put this on the back burner.

The total debt is $23K. What kind of legal recourse do I have here?


Rent and Utilities: Legal Recourse for Stale, Unhonored Rent Checks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire