mardi 9 juillet 2019

Bank Foreclosure and Competing Liens

My question involves real estate located in the State of: NY

I'm looking at purchasing a house at a Bank Foreclosure auction, held on the county court steps. I paid for a title search and it shows that a bank loan is outstanding, hence the foreclosure process that was started by them. There is another lien on the property that is from the Department of Social services, a county entity -- the original owner was in a nursing home during his final days. On the report it is called a Medical assistance lien. Will this lien become extinguished after the auction or does it transfer to the new owner? I'm guessing that sale price will be enough to cover the mortgage and not much more. I have no idea how much the medical assistance lien is for, because it says "$1+", which could mean anything. Thanks for any help that you can give!
Aaron


Bank Foreclosure and Competing Liens

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire