mercredi 17 juillet 2019

Does the Fact That I Sell My Product Confer Automatic Copyright Protection

I currently have a design patent on the appearance of a product, and would like to approach a company with a view to them licensing the concept.
My design patent expires in a couple of years, so I'm exploring whether to apply for copyright protection as well.

It's a unique product that I created 25 years ago, and I manufacture and sell it, primarily online, and have done for 10 years.

I have applied for copyright protection twice, both times refused for 'lack of authorship.'
On the first occasion I used the exact same image as I used for the design patent.
On the second application, I added more detail, but it appears it's still not enough.
I could add more detail again, but that may limit the companies I can approach for licensing.

Am I over-thinking this?
Do I already have sufficient copyright protection because the product exists in physical form, and I could prove it has done for several years?

Many thanks for any advice! :)


Does the Fact That I Sell My Product Confer Automatic Copyright Protection

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire