samedi 6 juillet 2019

Driving on Foreign License California Ticket 12500(A)

Hi, I’m new here but I’m hoping for some help...My boyfriend who has dual citizenship (US and UK) moved to CA approx 1.5 year ago and currently lives with me. He does not pay homeowners tax or rent, he is not in school, and he did not register to vote. This morning he was driving me in my car and we got pulled over for expired registration tags (which I had in my glovebox but had not yet put on). The officer asked for my boyfriends license and unfortunately he only has his Foreign Drivers License from the UK. My boyfriend gave our address as his residence. The officer wrote him a ticket for both the expired tags (despite it being my car) and “no CDL” and circled “misdemeanor” with a date to appear in court in October. After this we asked if I should switch to driving and the officer said “No” which we thought was weird since he had just given us a ticket for this...He’s never been pulled over in the US before and we're not sure what to do/what to expect. Worried about the possibility of jail time even though this is only his first offense. What are our odds here? We’re also planning on taking a road trip from Utah to Wyoming on Monday and are wondering if he should not drive at all. He is promptly working on getting his CA license ASAP. Help anyone?!


Driving on Foreign License California Ticket 12500(A)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire