mardi 16 juillet 2019

Custody and Visitation Issues: Father Didn't Show for Initial Custody Hearing - Can He Still Get 50/50

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA

My child's father didn't show up to our second custody hearing. When I initially filed for full custody after his disinterest in being a part of her life, he responded requesting a paternity test. The results came back that he was the father, however at the next court date for custody and visitation, he didn't show up. Judge granted me full legal and physical custody stating it was at my discretion if I chose to allow father to see daughter. She was only 2 months old when I first filed. By this time she was 5 months old. He has since never asked to see her or asked about her well being. I then filed for child support with our child support agency. I received a nasty message from father stating he wasn't going to pay me anything. He never turned in his paperwork from child support and has made it difficult for child support to obtain information. When I was able to track down who his employer was, Child Support then sent a packet to his employer requesting confirmation of employment and wages. It was only then that he decided he wanted to see our daughter. He's now filed a RFO for 50/50 custody and visitation. Though he hasn't served me yet, I was able to go down to the court house and request the documents he filed. Unfortunately he doesn't supply any information on why he wants to see her, if he misses her, or why he didn't show up to court. He simply says he wants 50/50 and that I have denied him access to her. (Even though he's never asked). Will judge still give him 50/50 even though he's never shown interest in her and didn't show up to court initially? I'm scared. He's a stranger to her. He has a criminal background with a domestic violence history as well as alcohol abuse.


Custody and Visitation Issues: Father Didn't Show for Initial Custody Hearing - Can He Still Get 50/50

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire