samedi 6 juillet 2019

Abuse and Neglect: How to Revoke Power of Attorney in Order of Protection

My question involves a person located in the state of: Illinois.

My question involves a person located in the state of: Illinois
My 99 year old grandmother was found in her home, that she lived in with her son, severely malnourished and sitting in days worth of feces and urine back in March 2019. She was admitted to the hospital and ended up in a nursing home. Somehow my uncle didn't get charged with this abuse. He also ended up getting POA because he didn't notify family what was really going on. He has always lived at home and was always taking money. So much that she lost her home that was paid in cash prior to her getting dementia.

Since she has been in the nursing home, it took him 2 months to sign over her social security, and he is still collecting a pension and using it for his own living. Adult protective services has opened a case in May, per my report. Now my uncle is being evicted from the apartment and now he wants to take his mother out of the nursing home so that he can begin collecting her social security again. My grandmother requires 24 hour care, she has severe dementia, can't walk, and does her business in a diaper.

I informed Adult Protective Services of his new plan. APS told me to file an Order of Protection. They wrote a letter stating it would be in the best interest for my grandmother if the court would grant one. The letter also stated that he is using her pension for his personal use. The judge granted me the Emergency order on Wednesday. I of course have court in 2 weeks for the plenary. I'm going to figure out how to subpoena the police and emt's that found her that day for the plenary. But my question is, can they do a plenary on a POA? Can the judge that orders the OP revoke the POA?

I don't have any extra money. I'm a single mother with no financial help. But I can't allow my uncle to abuse her again. He is mentally ill, and I have clergy and law enforcement officers that are willing to back me up. Please help! Thanks for your time in advance!


Abuse and Neglect: How to Revoke Power of Attorney in Order of Protection

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire