lundi 8 juillet 2019

Speeding Tickets: A Technicality, Does the Vehicle Description Need to Be Exact Not Guilty by Mail

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Pennsylvania

Caught speeding in an obvious ambush speed trap. Exiting I-80w onto US-15n a divided limited-access expressway I was clocked doing 70, (the speed limit on I-80)
As I saw the lights on the unmarked SUV come on and as I passed the State Trooper I saw the first speed limit sign showing 55mph limit. I really had no chance to follow the "posted speed limit" since it was not posted until after I was already past the speed trap. OK, he got me---- but it's not really fair.

Q1--Does the vehicle description need to exactly match my vehicle? The only detail that is wrong is the Florida Tag # An extra H was added to the number. Can I get off on a technicality?

Q2-- The Citation allows me to Plead "Not Guilty" by mail by sending the full amount due, plus $8 additional dollars "as collateral for your appearance in court" I have no intention of travelling back to PA from Florida for a trial, but would love to avoid the $300 plus Insurance hike that is coming if I plead guilty. Article 2 on the citation reads "If you fail to appear for trial, the trial "may be" held in your absence" Is there any risk to pleading "not guilty" by mail? The worst I figure can happen is they find me guilty in abstention and fine me the fine I've already paid. Comments?


Speeding Tickets: A Technicality, Does the Vehicle Description Need to Be Exact Not Guilty by Mail

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire