mardi 16 juillet 2019

Transfer of Title: Tell Me About Tire Temperature

I've been able to find a lot of discussion about pressures, but I'm not having any luck trying to learn about temperatures, in a quantitative sense.

This became newly relevant to me last week driving in Death Valley with an aftermarket TPS monitor set. I had my truck's tires -- BFG KO2s -- well dialed-in for my load during a long road trip, and pressures were doing OK, but I got a temp warming beep from time to time at 150°F. Because it was like 120°F outside, things were running hotter, and this one tire is closer to the exhaust, etc. etc.

This number (150°F) was the factory setting for the temp alarm, so having no idea what was a "dangerous" temperature, I slowed until it went below that, and proceeded with seemingly no ill effects. Does anyone have any notion of where an otherwise sound tire, within its normal pressure range, will begin to have problems with temperature? Is there a chart somewhere I can't find?


Transfer of Title: Tell Me About Tire Temperature

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire