samedi 13 juillet 2019

Background Checks: Hired Before Background Check Complete then Fired

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: District of Columbia

Hello. I was offered a position with a company in DC, a television news station. During the process I informed my potential boss of a misdemeanor conviction (May 2015) and that I have nothing else in my background.

I was able to continue through the candidacy and the position was offered.

Before the background check was complete I was encouraged to finish all other paperwork including tax info. Once the background check came back with the conviction, I was then terminated from the company. Not offer rescinded but fired. Is this legal?

Please feel free to ask me questions.

Thank you


Background Checks: Hired Before Background Check Complete then Fired

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire