lundi 29 avril 2019

Working With a Lawyer: Is It Ok if a Lawyer Accepted a Retainer Without Providing a Contract

My question relates to legal practice in the state of: Virginia

The lawyer that I hired told me that she will be representing me at a General District Court and at a Circuit Court. She asked for a flat fee of $2500 each. She accepted the check for $5000, but didn’t sign a contract with me.

Later she sent me a representation confirmation letter where she states that retainer is not refundable. The letter is not clarifying what kind of services I will be provided.

I feel like something is wrong here. What should I do? Should I ask her to sign a contract with me ASAP?


Working With a Lawyer: Is It Ok if a Lawyer Accepted a Retainer Without Providing a Contract

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire