mercredi 24 avril 2019

Enforcing Custody Orders: Potential 3rd Party Interference with a Court Order

My question involves a child custody case from the State of New York:

After a long battle, my son was permitted to relocate from the State of New York to the State of Texas with his mother and step-father. A court order was instantiated which stated very clearly that for any recess of four days or longer based on my son's school district calendar, that he must be transported to New York for his co-parenting time with me. My ex-wife was bringing my son late Sunday nights and I went back to court arguing that the weekends are part of the recess. I lost on the grounds that the court order was very clear, that the recesses are based on exactly what the district calendar says. Other than that, there have been no issues with this arrangement for 4 years.

Now for the complication. My son qualified for and by his choice attends an early college program hosted by Quest College. This program allows my son to take college level courses at a neighboring college in conjunction with his normal high school work. This year, without warning, my son's school district has changed their calendars and it no longer synchronizes with the calendar of this local college. The end result is that my son now has recesses on the court accepted district calendar, but where he still has these college courses going on in the neighboring college.

I called the Quest College and explained to them that my son is court ordered to be in New York during these district recesses and therefore would not be able to attend any college classes that happened to be in session during those recesses. They appeared uninterested in working with me and basically said that if he misses those classes he could be expelled from the early college program.

Is Quest College essentially interfering with the court order by making it essentially impossible to abide by it without serious repercussions to my son's success in this early college program?


Enforcing Custody Orders: Potential 3rd Party Interference with a Court Order

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire