mardi 23 avril 2019

Agents and Brokers: Telephone Easement

My question involves real estate located in the State of: NY

My Question is in regards to an telephone easement. I recently got my telephone service updated to fiber optic. They need to bury the line but the pole is on the neighbors land and he is having a fit over it. Now The telephone company does have an easement from the original owner of the land giving the rights for service to my property. It's a certified document with all the marls and seals of the county. Basically it States that they have the right to use the utility pole and bury wires to my property, they can remove and update said service any time and are to leave the land as it was basically plant seed if needed. Now I showed him the document. I was here before he brought that property and he says that he had no knowledge of the easement from the prior owner and that its his legal right and they should move the service and pole to my property. And he's going to sue me and the phone company. I told him that it's not my fault the previous owner did not disclose but to my knowledge since the easement is dated from 1982 and has all the proper seals he cant dispute it the easement carries over to whom ever owners the property and allows who ever owns my property. there is also access of electric from the same pole and five years ago when they were updating the service he tried to pull the same stunt saying that NYSEG would need to relocate the pole to my property he sent letters out to me and NYSEG stating he was suing us. They had a power easement and which he claimed he knew nothing about but nothing happened???


Agents and Brokers: Telephone Easement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire