vendredi 19 avril 2019

Medical Issues: Sleep on Job

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Texas
A notice was given to personnel office that I was sleeping in a meeting at work. As far as I know so far, this is a one time complaint. I told manager my blood pressure medication was causing me to wake up early and affecting my sleep. Personnel office has asked me if I want to request a special accommodation for "being unable to perform essential functions". They emailed me some info from company rules and said employees falling asleep during work could be violating policy. First, let me say, I do not think I was sleeping in this meeting. I do feel drowsy on occasions due to lack of sleep. Drowsiness is also listed as a side affect of the medication. Can someone advise me on how to handle this? Things to do or not to do? Should I just cooperate, or argue that I was not sleeping? Should I submit the form request? (I certainly do not feel I am unable to perform essential job functions). From googling, I see employees can be terminated for this behavior. What is probability that they would terminate me? My work record is very good, a good performer. But I have had a number of issues with this manager. After I complained about being harassed over a trivial issue, manager then turned this notice in.


Medical Issues: Sleep on Job

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire