samedi 27 avril 2019

Hit-and-Run Accidents: What to Do on Hit and Run Incident

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

So last night my dad was hit by another driver (probably drunk or on the phone or who knows what). He was inside the house heard a loud noise (his truck was parked) and the guy obviously hit my dads truck parked and just slam the accelerator and took off the scene. My dad told me what do I recommend I said well lets call the police. So we did. Officer basically came wrote a document (I assume for our own personal matter and so they can have it on file) so the insurances could see proof. The thing is I told her I dont really think its worth it (the hit wasnt that bad) the reason I called was hoping this would be on their alert list and maybe they can catch the guy. The only thing we know it was a Volkswagon (the logo sign was on the ground so we know it was that and silver) because you could see his car actually took the bigger toll (my dads truck luckily wasnt that bad of a hit).

My question here is their anything that can really be done after this? The truck is old its just liability so I know the insurance will not deal with it. I was hoping more if they can catch the guy so he can be a responsible for what he did. I am on the assumption nothing can really be done at this point, but was hoping to hear what others think.


Hit-and-Run Accidents: What to Do on Hit and Run Incident

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire