mercredi 17 avril 2019

Giving Notice: Daughter to Move Out

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Michigan

I have been asking my daughter nicely to move out since August of 2018. Finally I gave her an eviction notice December 1st. She was not out Jan 1st and so went to Allegan county court house and set up a hearing date. When I got home she assured me that she would be out March 1st and to please not go through with the eviction. The hearing was dismissed as a "No Show."
March 1st she did move out. She didn't take a lot of stuff with her but, for the past month and a half she has not been staying at our house. She is a opioid addict and I figured she would just flop on whoever's couch she could flop on. She was doing just that until last night when this person dropped her off on the curb with all her stuff. (stuff being just clothes and junk, no furniture.)
I called the police because she was screaming the F-Bomb at this girl and this girl was screaming back. I kept saying please be respectful of the neighbors. Neither listened.
My question becomes what constitutes a "moved out ?" The police are saying that she still lives there and I am saying NO she doesn't. She moved out March 1st. She is saying and doing whatever she can to stay at my house and I want her out.!!!
I was told be the tenants union here in Grand Rapids that I should go to the court and ask for a "24hr move out" since I have already have gone through the 30 day eviction notice way back in December and just tell them that you didn't know the law or what to do and hopefully they will grant that and she will be forcibly removed in 24hrs.
Is that right ?? My attorney said get a "trespassing hearing." I talked to courthouse and they said there is no such thing as a "trespassing hearing " and to just call the cops.
I am in the middle of building a house and do not have time for any of this.!!!! I don't want to have to go back to the whole "30 day notice" thing all over again !!! PLEASE ADVISE. Thnx Tim


Giving Notice: Daughter to Move Out

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire