vendredi 19 avril 2019

Getting Fired: Severance Agreement and General Release

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Washington

I recently got let go from a job of 11 years. It was done over the phone and the reason given was due to business levels being slow that required restructuring in the company.

They said I’d have a severance offer sent to my personal email. What they sent is actually a Severance agreement and General release. Basically says if I don’t talk negatively about the company or take any legal action against them I will get severance package.

I’ve been told I was a stellar employee my entire time there. Never had any negative feedback let alone any sort of disciplinary actions. Not sure why they wouldn’t just lay me off and give me a severance.

Is this sort of agreement normal? Should I pay to have it looked at before signing?


Getting Fired: Severance Agreement and General Release

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire