vendredi 19 avril 2019

Custody and Visitation Issues: Emergency Jurisdiction and Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA

My question involves an interstate issue. 9 months ago I left NY and moved to CA due to domestic violence. Here I have a 3 year restraining order and sole custody of my children due to CA taking emergency jurisdiction due to the restraining order. The order covers myself and my children. I found out today that my husband is trying to serve me papers but he does not know my new address. I don't know if it's for divorce or custody but my question is IF it's for custody, and the kids are now residents of CA plus the DVRO exists, how does that all work? And if it was for divorce how does the custody issue get handled in that case with a restraining order in place and the kids now being residents of CA?


Custody and Visitation Issues: Emergency Jurisdiction and Custody

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire