jeudi 25 avril 2019

Stalking: The Person Who Has Filed a Restraining Order Against Me is Doing Work at My House

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Alabama

In 2017, a former topless dancer of whom I was a client years earlier (2009) filed a restraining order against me. She claimed I had been stalking her, although that is not accurate. The order is good for two years, so it will be in effect until at least August. I am currently having some work done at my place of residence. She is employed by the contractor doing the work. Knowing full well that this is my house, she still accepted the job and will be there for some time. However, she approached me, in my home yesterday to inform me that I may NOT be there while she is there working, or else I will be in direct violation of the restraining order and will be arrested and booked immediately. Can she just order me out of my own home like that? I have followed the RO to the letter of the law, yet here she is, in my home daily, of her own volition telling me that I may not be there. I had someone tell me that my only recourse is to fire the contractor so as to avoid legal prosecution. Otherwise, I will have to stay out of my own house while she is there. Surely, that's not right. I have requested that the contractor please use someone else and he told me that she is all he has at the moment as far as help is concerned. I'm fine with her being there, because as far as I am concerned, this is business, and nothing more. I just don't want to end up arrested. I did not talk to her and I was in another room entirely when she walked in and laid into me verbally. She even claims that I am in violation of the RO by not disclosing to the contractor that one of his workers has an active RO against me. Like I know who his employees are. Anyway, surely I am not in violation of the RO, am I? So long as I do not speak to her while she is there, which is what I plan on doing.


Stalking: The Person Who Has Filed a Restraining Order Against Me is Doing Work at My House

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire