vendredi 19 avril 2019

Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Statement of Facts for Vandalized No Left Turn Sign

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I received a ticket for violating VC 21461(a), No Left Turn between certain hours. The sign was vandalized and not visible. Here is my prepared statement of facts. Does anybody have any suggestions on better wording or phrasing? Am I missing anything?

Statement of Facts
I respectfully submit this written declaration to the Court pursuant to CVC 40902. I plead Not Guilty to the charge of violating VC 21461(a).

The facts of my case are as follows: While driving westbound on Canon St. at 5PM on 03/21/2019, I safely executed a left turn from the left turn lane onto Del Mar Ave pursuant to CVC 21801 which states: “The driver of a vehicle intending to turn to the left…shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles approaching from the opposite direction which are close enough to constitute a hazard at any time during the turning movement, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to the approaching vehicles until the left turn can be made with reasonable safety.”

Despite my safe left turn, I was stopped by the officer and was charged with violating VC 21461(a). The Officer alleged that my safe turn was illegal due to a “No Left Turn 3:30Pm - 5:30PM Mon-FRI” sign. I informed the Officer that I did not see that sign. After the interaction with the officer, I found the sign he was referring to and observed that it was vandalized by graffiti and not visible. Attached are photos of the sign showing that the sign is not legible.

Because the sign was not visible and I received no notice of the sign’s existence, I ask the Court to dismiss my citation in the interest of justice.

If the court does not find in my favor in this case, I request a fine reduction a Court assignment to attend traffic school.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct.


Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Statement of Facts for Vandalized No Left Turn Sign

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire