jeudi 31 janvier 2019

Transfer of Title: Transfer of Title After Inheriting

Greetings,

I am hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction. My grandfather passed away from lung cancer and he had a will and a trust. My Mother and my Aunt are the executors of his will. There was no probate because of his trust. He owned a vehicle outright that was not in the will or trust, however, there is a section of the will that explains any assets not in the trust or will can be given to whomever at the sole discretion of the executors of the will. He lived and died in Texas in Dallas County and the vehicle is titled in Texas. I live in Florida and have the vehicle here with me. I went to transfer the title here in Florida, they told me I had to have the title transferred in Texas in my name prior to titling the vehicle in Florida. I spoke to the comptroller office in Dallas county and the director told me that the state of Texas will not issue me a title because I do not own a residence in Texas. I feel as though there must be an error in the State of Florida. Do any of you have any experience with this matter? Thank you in advance for your response.


Transfer of Title: Transfer of Title After Inheriting

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire