mercredi 30 janvier 2019

Service Providers: Car Stolen from Valet

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Texas

Valet parked our vehicle 3 weeks ago at a hotel in downtown Dallas. The next morning the valet was unable to find the keys or the car. Police were called. While we were looking for our vehicle the valet employee told myself and the officer that when he arrived to work that night, the valet stand was not secure. No employee was there and all the keys were left unlocked. This is the timeframe when my keys were in there. I have this on video from my phone and also the police body cam.
My insurance company has now offered us the value of the vehicle.... approximately 15K. We owe approximately 25K and have NO gap insurance. Since the valet company employee informed me on video that they did not secure my keys can I sue them for the remaining 10k that I will owe the finance company after my insurance pays the 15k? They say I will have 30 days to pay them the remaining 10k. Am I screwed??? I am not trying to take advantage of anything. I just want to be made whole. If not for their negligence, I would not be left standing with a bill to the finance company for 10K with no more car. HELP!!!!


Service Providers: Car Stolen from Valet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire