mardi 22 janvier 2019

Establishing an Order: Tax Season with Children

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: FLORIDA

My Ex-wife and I divorced in 2011 and in 2016 she decided to try and move out of state and take my son with her without approval. Needless to say this started a long 2 year court battle between us and I now have my son full-time! She has visitation every other weekend and during the summer when he is out of school, but he lives with me full-time.

With this said, In our Divorce Judgement, it states that we would alternate years with who got to claim him on their taxes as the dependent. This was fine for the first 4-5 years because we both had him a similar amount of time, however, now I have him full-time and yet she still gets to claim him every other year per our old agreement. Well this is just not right as I know her claiming him helps her get back a few thousand on her taxes when in reality I need that extra money. Its not right she can claim him and yet he doesn't even live with her and shes not the one that takes care of him full-time.

So the question is.....How can I change this? Can it be changed just in a motion to the Court? Would it have to go to a hearing? Could it be an Emergency Motion?

Any help would be appreciated!


Establishing an Order: Tax Season with Children

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire