mardi 22 janvier 2019

Business Regulation: Challenges with Naming a New Holistic Practitioner Association

My question involves business law in the state of: NC

I am starting a national association for people who teach a new biological science called German New Medicine or GNM. I have already discovered these terms are not copyrighted in the US. "German New Medicine" is copyrighted in Germany only.

The US copyright was not renewed and ran out in 2015 and it was only for "German New Medicine" not for "GNM." The physician who discovered GNM died in 2017.

Those of us who consult with GNM walk a fine line so we can't be accused of "practicing medicine." Most of us are holistic practitioners such as nutritionists, non-medical naturopaths, and herbalists.

My challenge is with the name of my association because I don't want to be misleading or have people draw conclusions that we practice medicine.

I've been advised by a paralegal not to use the full term of "German New Medicine" because that may be misleading because it contains "medicine" and could lead to civil and criminal issues.

Could I use "GNM" instead knowing it stands for German New Medicine, yet "medicine" would not be in the title or the URL. As in: USAGNM.com. I have also thought to use something different such as USANewBiology.com, however, it IS branded as GNM and people are starting to search for these initials.

I do not want to open myself or any of the practitioners who join the association to any potential lawsuits because of the name.
Thank you very much!


Business Regulation: Challenges with Naming a New Holistic Practitioner Association

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire