lundi 28 janvier 2019

Execution of Deed: Selling a Home with a Lien

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Missouri

Good morning, looking for some options on what I can do with a property.

My father passed away in 2013 and owned his home with no mortgage. At his death I became the personal representative of his estate. In 2014 the house sold at auction but during the closing process we discovered a lien from a judgement for one of his past credit card debts. The payoff for the lien is north of $50,000. The value of house is $20,000. The house has been vacant since 2014. The estate is insolvent.

My questions are

1. Can I sell the property with the lien to a cash buyer who is not interested in title work or title insurance?
2. Can I demo the property if a lien exists?
3. What steps should I take to try and resolve the lien?

Thank you


Execution of Deed: Selling a Home with a Lien

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire