dimanche 20 janvier 2019

Custody and Visitation Issues: What Are My Options if My Ex Keeps Making False Police Calls

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: MO

I'm posting this under custody and visitation because the calls typically involve our custody schedule and the children.

My ex calls the police whenever I don't do what he wants. For example, he wanted me to switch days recently and I politely said I couldn't (which was true - we had something planned). He stated that if I did not show up at his home with the kids, he'd assume something was wrong and notify the police. I said, "The kids are okay, nothing is wrong. I'm sorry, but we are just unable to switch our visitation schedule today." He then called the police anyway and said he was scared, so they came out to my home.

Last year he called and said I poisoned the kids. That was a nightmare. Thankfully the police figured out he was lying after I let them read the texts he sent me right before his call, but before that, I had to wake up the kids and show the police they were alive and well. It was late at night, and the kids were pretty scared to be woken up by police at our house.

When I first left my ex - which was years ago - he called the police every day for more than a month. He made false noise complaints, etc. late at night when the kids and I were already in bed. The kids were babies at the time so they'd wake up and cry each time the police beat on the door late at night. My landlord also got angry about the constant police visits and said we'd have to leave if it continued.

During some of the visits, the police have mentioned getting another restraining order against my ex. This would be restraining order #3. Unfortunately the judge denied my request a few months ago so now I'm not sure what to do.

Should I visit the in-house officer and make a report each time ex makes a fake call? Should I keep trying for another restraining order? It's really stressful to deal with this.

I'm terrified to call the police myself because my ex told me that he contacted them to say I pretend he harasses me and abuses the kids whenever I'm mad at him. I have never done this and would never do this, but now I'm scared the police think I'm just some petty ex.

More details in case they matter: Ex is currently being investigated by our local PD for a child-related crime (I wasn't the one who reported him) and also has several active CPS investigations open against him (all of the calls came from mandated reporters but ex thinks they came from me). Because of all this our judge temporarily reduced his custody til our trial.


Custody and Visitation Issues: What Are My Options if My Ex Keeps Making False Police Calls

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire