mercredi 30 janvier 2019

Ticket After Accident Caused by Black Ice

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New York.
Today my friend got into a car accident. I know she should be the one asking the questions but she can’t right now, but she is not injured.
The accident occurred after she attempted to pass a car that was frequently hitting their breaks. There had been a snow storm that day, and the highway was plowed. My friend was driving under the speed limit and was passing the car when the car swerved into her lane. My friend had to swerve in turn to avoid being hit and hit a patch of black ice. This caused her to crash into a concrete border. She stayed with her car after moving it to the shoulder of the highway to avoid being hit.
She received a ticket, as the officer claimed she should have known there was ice and she can’t prove there was another car that swerved. It was for unreasonable speed considering the circumstances.
My question is: what are her options for fighting the ticket. She is already having trouble paying for the car so paying for the ticket is a struggle. I know that doesn’t affect the judges decison. Her court case is in 9 days.
Thank you.
Edit: change of what the ticket stated.


Ticket After Accident Caused by Black Ice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire