mardi 29 janvier 2019

Some Legal Questions About Purchasing Otf Knives

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: West Virginia


I'm thinking about purchasing an OTF knife or two , which is why I'm curious as to the legality of doing so under federal law ...


Now I realize that the Federal Switchblade Knife Act prohibits the shipping of switchblades across state lines , what isn't clear to me is whether or not OTF knives are considered to be switchblades under federal law . After all I've read that companies such as Schrade and Smith and Wesson ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliding_knife ) carry OTF knives that aren't proscribed under federal law . Furthermore I as a purchaser wouldn't be shipping anything across state lines , so the issue of breaking federal law becomes all the more murkier ...

So in short would I be breaking federal law if I was to purchase an OTF knife from a site like BladeHQ ?


P.S. I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section or if this forum doesn't deal with the issue of federal law at all , I'm just curious and this forum was one of the first ones to pop up when I searched for legal advice forums . Oh and I didn't notice anything about issues concerning federal law being off limits in the " Using The Forum " section either FWIW . I suppose I might have not looked hard enough , but I hope that can be forgiven . :)


Some Legal Questions About Purchasing Otf Knives

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire