samedi 26 janvier 2019

Can I Sue if I Have Proof My Idea Was Stolen

A friend of mine came up with an idea for a business. I loved the idea and made plans to make it a reality. He foolishly shared the idea on his YouTube channel. A subscriber/viewer heard and stole the whole idea (name and concept). Unfortunately this person registered the name and got the biz rolling (online) before we could.

So is that video tangible proof that the idea was stolen and enough to get the thief to cease and desist?

I read that there’s no legal consequences if we were to still go through with our business as long as we’re not in the same state/market. But I had plans of eventually registering at the federal level but this situation blocks that. We aren’t registered at the state level yet though.

Also my friend confronted this guy via Instagram and the guy responded by blocking him.


Can I Sue if I Have Proof My Idea Was Stolen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire