samedi 25 mai 2019

Survivors Benefits: Is It Possible to Reverse Deceased Father's Benefits to Disabled Son

My 53 year old brother is permanently disabled due to birth defects. He had been drawing SS benefits as well as SSI and Medicaid. My father passed way several months ago and SS began paying my brother my father's SS benefits. When this happened it raised my brother's level of income to the point that SS terminated his SSI. When his SSI was terminated this also terminated his eligibility for Medicaid. There is no way that his increase in SS benefits will cover his medical costs as well as his daytime aides.

He is currently his own payee. Can he go to the SS office and request that they stop paying him our father's benefits so that he can once again rate SSI and become eligible for Medicaid?


Survivors Benefits: Is It Possible to Reverse Deceased Father's Benefits to Disabled Son

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire